Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meh, Here is a Fan Fic
Nya, I had this for awhile. It's been collecting computer dust in my files, so here. I might write more, idk. Btw, it's based of Dragon Age, so yeah...

Chapter One: Into the Forest...
Spoiler:
Jason had just entered the forest, griping his sword close to him. Yes, Jason and his friends had entered the forest of the Dalish elves, looking for adventure. Neither of the two were Dalish, never the less none of them were ELVES, making this journey into the forest probably the most dangerous thing he has ever done. Despite this fact, Jason was determined to find something in this forest and planned to make it out alive.

"Come on, I'm waiting on you." Jason looked up to see one of his closet friends, Kyle heading forward in the forest. "Are you already wimping out on me? We haven't even seen anything yet."

Jason sighed. He was acting a little cowardly, but it was just taking precautions. There could be anything in this forest. Tales of werewolves had been told about the forest, though the tales were hundreds of years old, Jason still feared that they might exist. Wolves were very prominent in the forest, so could werewolves still exist? Werewolves or not, Jason had a good chance of dying here, not being the best at a warrior's prowess.

But the werewolves weren't the main things that scared Jason, no, no. Kyle and he could probably take down one, but they would definitely have their bruises afterwards. The most fear racing part was the forest itself. Trees as old as The Maker himself lurked over Kyle and Jason's very heads, and a simple wind could knock over a branch from one of those trees. The branches were HUGE as well, as big as regular sized tree from a regular forest. Thinking about the trees didn't make Jason's head feel any better, so he made sure his helmet was on tight and continued forward.

As Jason and Kyle continued forward, the forest became a whole lot more dense. They could barely walk without a small branch hitting them in the face. At first, the constant hitting of the branches did not bother any of the two very much. Now the branches had become a huge nuisance to Kyle.

"Stupid branches..." Kyle growled. "They are everywhere. There are plenty of branches, of course. But not a single wolf..." Kyle cursed under his breath several times after a couple minutes of branches hitting him in the face.

As for Jason, he was not fazed at all by the branches. Luckily, he had something Kyle didn't have.

"Any regrets on not bringing a helmet for this?" Jason asked chuckling slightly afterward. Kyle spit on the ground and grunted.

"Maybe."

Jason couldn't help but laugh at Kyle, which was quickly silenced by a low growl coming from the center of the forest. Jason thought he was hearing things at first, but then he trembled as Kyle began to speak.

"Did you hear that, Jason?" Kyle whispered. "I think we found ourselves something to bring back to my folks."

Kyle ran off, no longer caring about the branches hitting his face. He was excited that there was a wolf nearby or a pelt to bring home. Jason, on the other hand, took a deep breath before running after Kyle. He hoped it was a wolf, because if it was a werewolf, he would probably run as fast as he could away. Kyle might follow, but only to say. "Wimp."

Chapter Two: Resting
Spoiler:
After what seemed like hours, Jason and Kyle finally stopped chasing after the howl. Strangely, the howl never stopped as Jason and Kyle chased after it, so they were able to chase after the wolf the whole time, but they had little luck finding the wolf. Or werewolf.

"Jason," Kyle breathed heavily. "I need to stop. All this running is killing me." Kyle sat down and a nearby stump. "And besides, it's only one wolf. There are plenty more out there."

Jason nodded with Kyle, too out of breath to talk himself. He sat down on the ground, unlike Kyle with his stump. He took this rest's advantage to look at his surroundings, since they had blindly chased after the howl. They were in a clearing of some sort, caused by what, Jason did not know.

The trees here seemed a lot less dead then the trees in the beginning of the forest, but where not like any he had seen before. Trees he had seen before generally had two kinds of colors, a lively brown color which meant the trees where good and still living. The other was a dull gray color, which meant no other then a dead tree that was good for nothing except burning.

The trees here where the strange color of not gray, not brown, but a sick black. When Jason looked closely at the bottom, he could see little dark red spots. The leaves where also nothing like what he had seen before, they were twisted and the color of charcoal. Finally, the strange trees had disturbed him so much that he had to ask someone about their weird appearance. The only one to hear him was Kyle, so by default, he was asked.

"Hey, Kyle," Kyle looked over at Jason, giving him the ‘What?’ look. "Notice these trees around here? They just seem... A little odd."

Kyle looked at the trees and frowned. "Yes, they do seem out of the ordinary. I've never seen nor read of any trees like this."

"What do you suppose made them like this?" Jason slightly trembled at all the possibilities.

"Not a clue. All I can say is that this is not a natural."

Jason nodded and decided to look at the trees more intently, to make a more careful examination of the trees. As he approached the trees, he noticed that the smell around them had become more intense and... rancid. He backed away from the trees, holding his nose and coughed at the smell.

After his coughing stopped, he walked back to the tree, taking one step at a time the pausing, so his nose could get use to the terrible smell. After 2 minutes of stopping and smelling, Jason finally looked at the tree more closely. Other than the coloring of the bark, it was unremarkable. The bark was like any tree he had seen before, rough and somewhat easy to break off.

Jason looked away from the bark looking up at the leaves now. They also looked regular except from the twisted form and color. Some fell down on the ground, so he picked one up. Texture was smooth to the touch. Jason even tried to rip a leaf, which took all of his strength inside of him to tear in half.

As Jason headed for another leaf, he saw a small spot of black under the leaves. Curious of the object, Jason swept some leaves from the spot, revealing that the object was a hilt. Jason was surprised he found something, so he moved the leaves some more. It revealed a sword. Unlike any sword he had seen, this one looked somewhat corrupted and evil.

[i]But a sword is a sword.[/i] Jason thought to himself as he headed to pick up the sword. He tugged at it a little but it would not budge. He pulled it harder, and fell backwards doing so. He successfully pulled the sword form the leaves and he turned to Kyle, whose face was pale.

"What? I thought you would be excited that I got something."

Kyle slowly pointed up, where Jason's eyes looked up in front of him. There was a face. A corrupted, dead, evil face, looking straight at him.
Chapter Three: The First in Ages
Spoiler:
And with the final blow, the Warden was done. Though it was thought to be impossible, a small group of renegade Darkspawn had successfully killed a Grey Warden. The victory was a great feeling that ran through the Hurlock's blood; he could only celebrate it by himself.

In the battle, all of the other Darkspawn fell to The Warden's sword. Some of them took a good 10 minutes to kill, others died in one swing of the blood covered silver. Either way, all of them were dead except for the one lone Hurlock.

But he felt no pain, for he was emotionless. He was just a beast who felt no sorrow for others. He let out a triumphant roar upon defeating The Warden, and looked at his body. It looked no different from a regular human’s body. Of course, there were cuts on his unarmored areas, dents in his armor, and the blank look of death on his face as well, but there was nothing different from what he had seen from others.

The Hurlock somehow found deep inside himself a thought. The Hurlock smiled as he grabbed the Wardens body, picking it up by the head and tearing it off. He threw the head to the side as the blood of the warden sprung up like a geyser. The Hurlock opened his mouth as blood fell into it, enjoying the taste of his enemy. The blood eventually stopped, but it was before that the Hurlock had stopped drinking.

At first, drinking the blood seemed harmless, an act to show victory. But as soon as the blood entered his system, the Hurlock began to feel an extreme pain all throughout his body, enough to bring him to his knees. He felt his senses sharpening as he fell to the ground, now noticing the stench from the bodies. Another thing given to him was things he did not know. At first he did not know what it was then a voice spoke knowledge. He also had felt a new sensation that was never felt before. Emotion. He felt remembered his fallen comrades that fought in the battle, and they were now dead.

The pain stopped as he started to feel emotion. He slowly got up and looked at the dead bodies of his dead companions.

"They were... mindless. I was created that wasn't I?" The Hurlock was surprised at what came out of his mouth, his knew knowledge said it was a voice. He looked at his hands, covered in blood.

"What am I?" Two voices spoke, one said Darkspawn, and another said Disciple.